Due to the ongoing battle with COVID-19 (Coronavirus), the Board of Regents Chancellor Betty A. Rosa and Interim State Education Commission Shannon Tahoe have decided to suspend the following New York State testing programs for the rest of the school year:
- New York State Grades 3-8 English Language Arts Test
- New York State Grades 3-8 Mathematics Test
- New York State Grade 4 Elementary-Level Science Test
- New York State Grade 8 Intermediate-Level Science Test
- New York State English as a Second Language Achievement Test (NYSESLAT) in Grades K-12
- New York State Alternate Assessment (NYSAA) for students with severe cognitive disabilities in Grades 3-8 and high school.
They feel it is important to focus on community needs at this time and hope students and educators are staying safe. The NYSED ended its statement by thanking teachers, administrators, school board members, and parents who have gone above and beyond so that students are safe and impacted as little as possible.
Link: Read more at nysed.gov